venerdì 17 febbraio 2012

"Because The Night"


"Vorrei dedicarla all'uomo per il quale è stata scritta: Fred "Sonic" Smith" (Patti Smith, Sanremo, 16 febbraio 2012)

Take me now baby here as I amPull me close, try and understandDesire is hunger is the fire I breatheLove is a banquet on which we feed
Come on now try and understandThe way I feel when I'm in your handsTake my hand come undercoverThey can't hurt you now,Can't hurt you now, can't hurt you nowBecause the night belongs to loversBecause the night belongs to lustBecause the night belongs to loversBecause the night belongs to us
Have I doubt when I'm aloneLove is a ring, the telephoneLove is an angel disguised as lustHere in our bed until the morning comes
Come on now try and understandThe way I feel under your commandTake my hand as the sun descendsThey can't touch you now,Can't touch you now, can't touch you nowBecause the night belongs to lovers
With love we sleepWith doubt the vicious circleTurn and burnsWithout you I cannot liveForgive, the yearning burningI believe it's time, too real to feelSo touch me now, touch me now, touch me nowBecause the night belongs to lovers
Because tonight there are two loversIf we believe in the night we trustBecause tonight there are two lovers



Beacuse The Night by Patti Smith Group on Grooveshark

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento